Policies and Procedures
General Rules & Regulations
The following is a summary of the Rules and Regulations at Northpark. Please consult your lease agreement for a complete listing:
- The sidewalks, and public portions of the Building, such as entrances, elevator vestibules, stairways, corridors or halls not be obstructed, even temporarily, by Customer or used for any purpose other than ingress and egress to and from the Premises.
- No curtains, blinds, shades, tinted coating, or screens shall be attached to or hung in, any window, glass surface or door of the Premises, without the prior written consent of Landlord, unless installed by Landlord.
- No sign, advertisement, notice or other lettering shall be exhibited, or affixed by customer on any part of the outside of the Premises or on corridor walls or windows (including without limitation glass storefronts). Sign at entrance door shall conform to building standard signs.
- Customer shall not place any bottles, parcels or other articles on the window sills.
- No easels or other articles shall be put in front of or placed in the public halls, corridors or vestibules without the prior written consent of Landlord.
- The water and wash closets and other plumbing fixtures shall not be used for any purposes other than those for which they were constructed. All damages resulting from any misuse of the fixtures shall be borne by customer.
- No bicycles, vehicles or animals of any kind shall be brought into or kept in or about the Premises. No cooking shall be done or permitted by customer on the Premises, except in conformity to law and then only in the utility kitchen, if any, as set forth in Customer’s layout, which is to be primarily used by Customer’s employees for heating beverages and light snacks. Customer shall not cause or permit any unusual or objectionable odors to be produced upon or permeate from the Premises.
- No space in the Building shall be used for manufacturing, distribution or for the storage of merchandise or for the sale of merchandise, goods or property of any kind at auction.
- Customer shall not make, or permit to be made, any unseemly or disturbing noises or disturb or interfere with occupants of the Building or those having business with them, whether by the use of any musical instrument, radio, talking machine, unmusical noise, whistling, singing or in any other way.
- Neither Customer, nor any of Customer’s servants, employees, visitors or licensees, shall bring or keep upon the Premises any inflammable, combustible or explosive substance, other than reasonable amounts of cleaning fluids or solvents required in the normal operation of Customer’s business offices.
- No additional locks or bolts of any kind shall be placed upon any of the doors or windows by Customer without the prior written approval of Landlord.
- Customer shall not overload any floor. Customer shall obtain Landlord’s consent before bringing any safes, freight, furniture or bulky articles into the Building and Landlord can specify to Customer the location for the placement of such articles. All removals, or the carrying in or out of any safes, freight, furniture or bulky matter of any description must take place during the hours which Landlord or its agent may determine from time to time. Landlord reserves the right to inspect all freight to be brought into the building and to exclude form the Building all freight which violates any of these rules and Regulations or the Lease of which these Rules and Regulations are a part.
- Customer agrees to employ such janitorial contractor as Landlord may from time to time designate, for any waxing, polishing and other maintenance work of the Premises and of the Customer’s furniture, fixtures and equipment. Customer agrees that it shall not employ any other cleaning and maintenance contractor, nor any individual, firm or organization for such purpose without Landlord’s prior written consent.
- Landlord shall have the right to prohibit any advertising by Customer which, in Landlord’s opinion, tends to impair the reputation of the Building or its desirability of a building for offices, and upon written notice from Landlord, Customer shall refrain from or discontinue such advertising.
- Landlord reserves the right to exclude from the building between the hours of 6:00 pm and 7:00 am and at all hours on Sundays, legal holidays and after 1:00 pm on Saturdays all persons who do not sign in and out on a register in the lobby of the building showing the name of the person, the Premises visited and the time of arrival and departure.
- Building employees shall not perform any work or do anything outside of their regular duties, unless under special instructions from the office of Landlord.
- Canvassing, soliciting and peddling in the Building are prohibited and Customer shall cooperate to prevent the same.
- There shall not be used in any space, or in the public halls of any building, either by Customer or others, in the delivery or receipt of merchandise, any hand trucks, except those equipped with rubber tires and side guards. No hand trucks shall be used in passenger elevators.
- Tenant, in order to obtain maximum effectiveness of the cooling system, shall lower and/or close the blinds or drapes when sun’s rays fall directly on windows of the Premises. Customer shall not remove the standard blinds installed in the Premises.
- All paneling, rounds, or other wood products not considered furniture shall be of fire retardant materials. Before installation of any such materials, certification of the materials’ fire retardant characteristics shall be submitted to Landlord or its agents, in a manner satisfactory to Landlord.
- Customer shall not install any vending machines in the Building or Premises without Landlord’s consent.
- All articles and the arrangement, style, color and general appearance thereof, in the interior of the Premises that will be visible from the exterior thereof, including, without limitation, window displays, advertising matter, signs, merchandise, furniture and store fixtures, shall be subject to Landlord’s approval, and, in any case, shall be maintained in keeping with the character and standards of Northpark.
- Landlord may waive any one or more of these Rules and Regulations for the benefits of any particular Customer or Customers, but no such waiver by Landlord shall be construed as a waiver of such rules and regulations in favor of any other tenant or Customers, nor prevent Landlord from thereafter enforcing any such Rules and Regulations against any or all of the Customers of the Building.
- Customer shall abide by no-smoking restrictions in all areas within the Building designated or posted by Landlord as no-smoking areas.
- These Rules and Regulations are in addition to, and shall not be construed to in any way modify or amend, in whole or part, the terms, covenants, agreements and conditions of the main text (including Special Stipulations) of the Lease, which text shall control in the instance of conflict.
- Landlord reserves the right to make such other and reasonable rules and regulations as in its judgement may from time to time be needed for safety, care and cleanliness of the building, and for the preservation of good order therein. such other Rules and Regulations shall be effective upon written notification of Customer.