Under the guidelines of the Sandy Springs Fire Department, customers of high rise office buildings are requested to participate in emergency response drills and make responsible and dependable employees available for designations such as Floor Wardens and Aides to the Physically Challenged.
Evacuation drills will be conducted at least once per year during normal business hours. This is done to test the effectiveness of the floor alarm speaker system and to assist all customers in understanding emergency procedures. These drills are very important and we recommend full participation.
If you feel you are in danger or you are notified by Northpark Management or authorities to evacuate, follow these steps:
- Follow the direction of your Floor Warden.
- Move quickly and calmly to the stairwell.
- Do not attempt to use the elevator.
- Remain calm. Do not run. Remove high-heeled shoes to lessen the danger of tripping. Northpark personnel will be stationed throughout the building to assist you.
- Once outside the building, move to the assembly area. Do not become a spectator.
- You will be notified when it is safe to re-enter the building.