Most bomb threats prove to be false alarms, but for safety’s sake the following procedures should be followed:
- Keep calm.
- Utilizing the enclosed “Bomb Threat Checklist”, obtain as much information as possible and record it on the form.
- Notify Northpark Management at 770.668.8000 immediately after the call is received. Follow directions given by Northpark Management.
- Search your office. Today’s explosive materials can be concealed in an infinite number of ways and in small, “normal” appearing packages.
- Keep a lookout for strange or suspicious items. DO NOT TOUCH any suspicious items. Some bombs are set to detonate upon movement.
- Report any suspicious item to Northpark Management.
- Clear the immediate area if a suspect object is discovered.
- Remember, outside personnel will not know your area as well as you do. What appears commonplace to the outsider may well be out of place to you.
- Evacuate, if necessary.
In rare circumstances, the authorities will advise you to evacuate. More often, however, it becomes a judgement call on the part of each customer as to how serious the situation and threat appears. Evacuation is a decision that must be made by your company. We strongly recommend that you establish guidelines and procedures well in advance so as to be prepared for a response on short notice in the event it becomes necessary to make such a decision.