Case studies of office fires show that most fires could have been prevented if simple safety precautions had been exercised. You can help prevent fires by following these precautions:
- Assign someone to make certain that all appliances are turned off at the end of the day.
- Be alert for strange odors. The building does NOT utilize any natural gas.
- Sparks from electrical appliances should be checked immediately for malfunction.
- Don’t overload wall circuits.
- Dispose of trash... don’t allow it to accumulate.
- Smoke only where permitted.
- Avoid using extension cords. Never cover a cord with carpet or a chair mat and unplug them when not in use.